Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Man gets letter from his 106-year-old Japanese teacher 相隔八十載 台日師生情


“I am so happy to learn that my second-grade elementary school teacher is still alive!” says Yang Tusheng, who lives in Taichung’s Wuri District. Two days ago, his classmate Yang Hantsung’s son, Yang Penjung, gave him a letter and pictures sent by their Japanese teacher, Ms Takagi, who is a centenarian. He said with great delight, “My teacher has reached 106 years old. I must personally write a letter to her, telling her what it has been like for us over the past 80 years.” 「真高興,小學二年級的老師還健在!」住在台中烏日區高齡九十歲的楊塗生,前兩天從同學楊漢宗的兒子楊本容手中接到日籍百歲女老師高木波惠的信件和照片,喜不自勝,嚷著說:「老師都一百零六歲了,我一定要親自寫信給老師,報告八十年來的近況。」
Yang Tusheng is already 90 years old, but is still in good shape and has a good memory. “Ms Takagi was our second-grade homeroom teacher in the elementary school. She was a very diligent teacher. Although her father was a police officer, many very senior students would naughtily cut her skirt apart, using scissors.” 楊塗生高齡九十了,但是身體還很硬朗,記憶亦很清晰,「高木波惠是我小學二年級時的導師,教學認真得很。雖然高木老師的父親是警察,但有高好幾屆的學長,竟然還曾調皮地用剪刀剪破高木老師的裙子。」
Yang Tusheng said he has already reached 90 years old and could not believe that 106-year-old Ms Takagi is still alive; he is really happy. Looking at Ms Takagi’s pictures reminds him of his sixth-grade homeroom teacher, Naomi, as well. “I really want to thank the postman for not giving up on searching for clues to find us. Thanks to his hard work, old folks like us can have a chance to read our teacher’s letter.” He smiled and said, “I have not used Japanese for quite a while. Neither have I written letters for a long time. I am afraid that I will not be able to fully convey what I want to say, but in order to express my gratitude for my teacher’s care for us, I will find the time to write to her, telling her how I have been.” 楊塗生說,自己已經九十歲了,沒想到高齡一百零六歲的高木老師還健在,真的很高興。看見高木老師的照片,他還想起六年級的導師叫平林,「感謝郵差不放棄找線索,才讓我們這群老學生能看到老師的來信。」楊塗生笑著說:「我已經很久沒用日文,也已經很久沒有寫信了,真擔心辭不達意,為了感謝老師的關心,我一定會找個時間寫信告訴老師自己的近況。」
(Liberty Times, Translated By Ethan Zhan) (自由時報記者陳建志)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grammar語法


名詞 Noun

動詞 Verb

形容詞 Adjective

慣用語 Idiom